Wednesday, February 17, 2010
The Disney Interactive Media Group (DIMG) is responsible for global creation and delivery of Disney-branded entertainment and lifestyle content across all interactive media platforms including PCs, mobile phones and video game consoles. The division operates two content creation units, Disney Interactive Studios and Disney Online, which work together to take advantage of platform-specific expertise to create a line of connected, multi-platform entertainment experiences. Disney Interactive Studios self publishes and distributes a broad portfolio of video games and interactive entertainment for handheld, mobile and console platforms globally. Disney Online produces the No. 1 kids entertainment and family community Web site, Disney.com as well as the Disney Family Network, Disney mobile entertainment and an industry leading suite of online virtual worlds for kids and families. DIMG also provides interactive technology strategy, solutions and execution for The Walt Disney Company.
Disney Online Studios is committed to leading the market in creating, marketing and operating industry-defining, entertaining, interactive and high quality premium online experiences for kids and families. These currently include Disney’s Toontown Online, Pirates of the Caribbean Online, Disney Fairies Pixie Hollow as well as others to be determined.
Organize and oversee a team that tests all online content, games and new applications in order to ensure a safe, consistent and positive experience for the audience online and the staff using the tools.
- Oversee and schedule QA testing workflow and prioritizing tasks, reporting regular team progress updates to QA Manager & all appropriate internal stakeholders
- Coordinate with the QA Manager to create a testing schedule that meets the needs of each department
- Develop, implement and maintain comprehensive test plans and wiki updates to ensure quality standards and processes within the organization, locally and internationally
- Work with Production Teams on understanding of the feature scope and development schedule
- Provide and coordinate QA training and mentoring for team members. (Will include initial training of QA Game Testers from International offices)
- Work and collaborate closely with Build Engineer to ensure assets are up and available for testing, based on Production/testing schedule timelines
- Provide testing support to the team when bigger features require the testing coverage
EDUCATIONAL / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Post-secondary certificate or degree
- Project Management experience a plus
- 3-5 years previous industry experience
- Minimum 2 years of relevant QA experience, with at least 1 year in a leadership or management role
- Microsoft Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel & basic Apple/Mac skills
SKILLS / ABILITIES
- An excellent understanding of the English language
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Proven knowledge and experience in QA disciplines and testing structures in the game industry
- Excellent ability to define or redefine processes if existing processes are inefficient or need to be created
- Organized and efficient time management skills
- Experience with working to deadlines
- Passion for online gaming
- High attention to detail
- Ability to train, organize and oversee a team of tester’s tasks
- Ability to predetermine the play patterns of children for the purpose of testing
- Ability to work under pressure
JOB ID: 214785
To expedite consideration, we highly recommend that you BOTH upload your resume AND copy and paste the text when creating your candidate profile.