CG production for Halifax Film, a DHX Media company, based in Halifax, Nova Scotia seeks an experienced VFX Artist to join our growing team. Full knowledge of Maya /RenderMan for Maya required. Studio environment is fast-paced and committed to creating high quality animation. Candidates should thrive as part of a team and take direction well.
– Collaborate with Supervisors to determine the projects’ needs.
– Work closely with Lighting/VFX Artists to troubleshoot and fix problems arising in the course of production.
– Take direction from Technical Director, D.O.P. and Series Director as well as provide guidance and mentorship to other Lighting/VFX Artists.
– Full knowledge of Maya (Mel knowledge a plus)
– Effects animation experience in film or animated television series.
– Experience in producing effects such as smoke, clouds, water, steam and dust.
– Ability to troubleshoot common rendering issues in RenderMan for Maya pipeline.
– Python scripting is a plus.
– Procedural shading and scripting knowledge a plus.
– Must be extremely detail oriented and organized.
Candidates MUST be Canadian citizens or already have Landed Immigrant status in Canada.
This opportunity is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia and requires relocating to this city for the duration of the term.
Interested candidates must email a PDF of your resume, reel breakdown and online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications submitted without an online portfolio will not be considered.
Be First to Comment