April 9, 2010
Just so there’s no confusion on this one people, this is a posting for Pixar in Emeryville, not Vancouver. There are specifc application procedures listied at the bottom, please follow them.
Position Title: Animator
Summary of Position:
Creates the motions, gestures, and expressions of three-dimensional computer graphics characters and objects.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive with each assigned shot: storyboards, story reels, recorded dialogue, set layout, and direction. The Director shows each new sequence in layout and describes what is expected for every shot at a “blocking meeting”
- Read soundtrack and plan shot
- Block in movements in rough animation and show for the Director’s approval in a daily review
- Finish work for Director approval in a timely manner
- Attend animation dailies
Background, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required at Minimum:
- Degree or certificate in classical animation, film, or related field, or equivalent production animation experience
- Must have a DVD demo reel that demonstrates application of the principles of animation to tell a story with meaning through movement
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Must be open to direction and able to embrace change
- Proven storytelling skills
- Ability to use acting skills, which bring characters to life, as well as clearly communicate simple ideas with which an audience can empathize
- Strong understanding of traditional animation principles
- An art background, which shows a thorough, understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, texture, and form
- Computer animation experience preferred but not required
After applying online at www.pixar.com, please submit your cover letter, a hard copy of your resume and demo reel (DVD preferred), and reel breakdown/shot list to:
Pixar Animation Studios
Attn: Recruiting – Animator
1200 Park Avenue
Emeryville, CA 94608
After applying online, please ensure that you have agreed to the Terms at the end of the on-line application. You will not be able to continue without this affirmation. By agreeing, you are agreeing to the terms of the Submission Release.
Please note: Due to the high volume of submissions, we’re not able to provide feedback and/or return materials. Please do not send originals.