June 29, 2010
Apply by tomorrow!
VFS is currently accepting applications for a two- or three-month contract position of Modeling Supervisor in our 3D Animation and Visual Effects Department.
Reporting to the Head of 3D Animation and Visual Effects, the Modeling Supervisor is responsible for delivering curriculum effectively and providing feedback to students. The Modeling Supervisor will have strong creative and technical skills in 3D character modeling and rigging.
• Work from a course syllabus – adapt lesson plans detailing what will be taught and how the course material will be delivered.
• Work closely with the Head of Department to ensure class curriculum is accurate, up-to-date and communicated to students in a clear and concise manner.
• Supervise and mentor 3D modeling students through pre-production, production, and post-production on their final projects and portfolio.
• Instruct students on advanced level contemporary modeling techniques.
• Class attendance and grading.
• Provide students with regular feedback.
• Individual guidance of students where appropriate.
• Punctual and conscientious management of classes.
• Relevant degree or diploma in the appropriate technically driven discipline with 5 years related industry experience in a supervisory capacity.
• Working knowledge of Softimage XSI and Maya.
• Competent in all other areas of 3D including texturing, lighting, animation, and rendering.
• Experience supervising 3D modeling in a production pipeline.
• Ability to lead workshops, lectures and seminars.
• Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills.