July 7, 2010
Character Animator – SONY IMAGEWORKS CANADA
Sony Imageworks Canada is hiring Character Animators to work on our Vancouver-based productions. Current roles start between now and September. For immediate consideration and review, send your CV and digital link of work to CANrecruit@imageworks.com.
- Possess a strong understanding of the principles of animation
- Knowledge of applicable software packages, including Maya, required
- Minimum of 2 years production experience preferred
- Background or experience in fine art which shows a thorough understanding of physical motion, weight, balance and form highly desired
- Knowledge of human and animal anatomy as well as life drawing skills desirable
- Technical chops a plus
- Animate both primary and secondary characters, creating desired performance of digital characters
- Convey emotion of digital characters through a combination of body language, facial expressions and dialogue
- Attend meetings and meet show deadlines, participate in dailies, rounds and team reviews of work in progress
- Interact with production, supervisors and crewmates in order to solve problems and share show related information
- Decipher and follow through on shot turnovers, dailies, briefings, notes and feedback.
- Work independently or as a part of a team to determine design solutions
- Animate multiple types of shots from simple to moderately difficult
Sony Pictures Entertainment is an EO/AA employer.