About Pixar Canada
Pixar Canada is looking for a Linux Desktop Support Administrator for its new studio in Vancouver. Pixar Canada is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Pixar Animation Studios, the world leader in animated films. The Vancouver studio will produce short-form animation focusing on legacy Pixar characters from films such as Toy Story and Cars. As a key early hire, this position is critical to the long-term success of the studio. This is an opportunity to help build a world-class organization from the ground-up and to be part of a diverse and talented team.
Summary of Position
The Linux Desktop Support Administrator will become intimately familiar with Pixar’s proprietary animation system running on Fedora Linux, and support it running on a large number high-performance workstations for our production staff. Having a strong understanding of Linux, Macintosh and Windows platforms running in a desktop environment is essential for ensuring the success of our IT department, and the studio as a whole. Additional working experience with 3d production tools and studio workflow is a strong preference for candidates.
•Act as primary support for production staff on high-performance Fedora Linux workstations running Pixar’s proprietary animation software plus other applications such as Maya.
•Support additional staff running Macintosh and Windows platforms using office applications, Photoshop, and other production software packages.
•Perform IP telephone (Avaya) deployment, configuration, and maintenance.
•Assist in equipment purchasing and inventory control
•Produce documentation and train end-users as needed
•Provide assistance to other IT staff as required
•Position requires flexibility and being on-call for production support
•Three years of related experience
•Experience supporting Linux in a desktop environment
•Ability to troubleshoot software problems, including the operating systems,
applications, drivers, etc.
•Ability to troubleshoot hardware problems, including desktops, laptops, drives, smart phones, printers, scanners, and other peripherals
•Ability to troubleshoot network and connectivity issues, including IP, VPN, remote access, etc.
•Ability to prioritize, address, and follow through on multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
•Ability to work independently and with other members of a team
•Excellent organization and time management skills
•Excellent customer service skills and disposition
•Proven oral and written communication skills
In addition to these required qualifications, any of the following attributes will be considered a plus:
•Experience with Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Final Cut Pro and Microsoft Project
•Experience with 3D production software including Maya and 3ds Max
•Familiarity with maintaining a Wiki
•Familiarity with virtualization solutions such as VMware Fusion and VMware ESXi
•Familiarity with command line interfaces
•Familiarity with Unix shell scripts, Perl, Python, AppleScript, etc.
•Familiarity with ssh, log file analysis
•Familiarity with backup solutions such as Time Machine
•Familiarity with encryption and security solutions such as Apple FileVault, encrypted disk images, etc.
•Experience managing Linux PXE boot environment
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume on our website www.pixarcanada.com.
Pixar Canada is looking for a Financial Analyst for its new studio in Vancouver. Pixar Canada is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Pixar Animation Studios. This is an opportunity to join a diverse and talented team producing world-class animation. Your ideas and experience can have a major impact on the success of our new and growing studio.
The Financial Analyst is an integral member of the Finance Team. He/she reports to the Manager of Finance and is involved in a broad range of business forecasts and financial modeling exercises to support key financial decisions for both the studio and for individual productions. The individual will be involved in the studio’s core production business, helping with the financial and operational activities of how film’s are budgeted, scheduled and tracked.
– Assist with the coordination and preparation of the Annual Operating Plan
– Assist with the preparation of Quarterly Operating Forecasts
– Preparing funding requests
– Preparing Monthly/Quarterly variance analysis
– Reviewing bi-weekly payroll for the various shows that are in production
– Review invoices and prepare purchase requisitions as needed
– Assist in the support of the film production process by developing, tracking and analyzing project/production budgets and schedules and maintaining regular cost reports
– Assist in the preparation of deployment schedules and headcount planning
– Assist in the preparation of various reporting packages for Senior Management
– Process development, improvement and implementation
– Liaising with Corporate Finance as required
– Ad hoc reporting as required
– Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other quantitative discipline
– Minimum 2 years of experience in a financial or business planning role
– CA, CGA or CMA a plus
– Exceptional MS Excel and financial modeling skills
– Excellent organizational and communication skills
– Flexible nature with the ability to prioritize responsibilities and to multi-task
– Passion for the entertainment industry, animation and technology
In addition to these competencies, any of the following attributes will be considered a plus:
– Macro-building/coding skills
– Experience with Oracle Financials
– PowerPoint experience
– Experience in a film, animation or entertainment-related industry
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume on our website www.pixarcanada.com