Guru studio, the award winning and internationally renowned animation facility in Toronto, is looking for a LIGHTING TD / Supervisor (GPU Based) for a new show for teens.
Mach Studio Pro is a unique GPU Lighting Production tool. It allows people to work in a real-time environment and ensure lighting is consistent across scenes, while allowing artists tremendous freedom in working with lights in a real-time environment. Using prelit scenes, the Lighting Artists role will be to adjust shaders and lights for the purpose of storytelling, tweak acting lights and compositions when needed, and ensuring the Directors vision is carried through to final product.
- To ensure the Director and Art Directors vision is carried through onto the show
- To oversee the day-to-day operations of the lighting and compositing teams
- Work with other TDs to develop methods for improving workflow between Maya and Mach Studio
- Work directly with the developers (StudioGPU) and set the bar for quality
- Working directly in Mach Studio pro, setting up shaders / tweaking lights / and working with the director to perfect the overall look.
- Work with the Art and Programming team to solve technical challenges within given constraints and visual requirements
Requirements and skills:
- Proven industry experience as a lighting artist, with experience of leading a lighting department
- Ability to multitask and keep a department functioning
- Wide understanding of lighting/rendering technologies (GPU rendering, Normal/Displacement maps, etc.)
- Familiar with Autodesk Maya and Adobe Photoshop in addition to an implicit ability to learn new tools
- Strong background in traditional art and/or photography is an asset
- Python Programming abilities an asset
- Ability to work with minimal direction
- Fun, trustworthy and chill
Please send only online portfolios/blogs with a descriptive list to:
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and *for income tax purposes applicants must have been a resident in Ontario during 2009* Guru Studio is an equal opportunity employer.