JOB TITLE: VFX Producer
REPORTS TO: COO & CTO
START DATE: Immediately
IMAX Corporation is looking for an experienced VFX Producer to work on an exciting full 2D to 3D conversion of a live-action Hollywood feature. This is a 7 month contract position located in downtown Toronto.
The VFX Producer reports to the COO & CTO and functions in the senior production management role for the project.
The VFX Producer is responsible for managing the overall production and for being one of the primary points of communication with the studio, subcontractors and vendors. This role requires strong project and personnel management skills as well as a combination of authoritative, professional and diplomatic characteristics.
On a day to day basis, the VFX Producer will manage the flow of work through the facility by tasking their team, occasionally mentoring and coaching them, monitoring the progress of the production, communicating that progress regularly to the senior management of the facility as well as to the studio and insuring the smooth operation of the facility as well as the timely delivery of the project by planning and scheduling work, managing turnovers from the production and insuring compliance with all established production standards and practices.
• 5+ years work experience as a VFX Producer on feature films
• Excellent organizational skills
• The ability to work in a team environment to meet deadlines
• Outstanding communication skills
• The ability to work within a team environment
• Strong managerial skills
• 3D stereoscopic experience preferred.
• Ability to work over-time, evenings and weekends.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit the following information to email@example.com quoting “VFX Producer” in the subject line.
1) Cover letter (body of email or attached as .pdf or .doc format) confirming the following information:
• Your availability
• Your ability to work evenings, weekends and overtime
• Pay expectations
• Confirm work authorization for Canada – Local residents preferred.
2) Current resume (attached as .pdf or .doc format)
We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for interview will be contacted. IMAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.