guru studio, the award winning and internationally renowned animated entertainment company in Toronto, is looking for a whip smart, acutely intuitive Development Assistant to assist the president and vice president with content review and the preparation of development material. You will complete and file all government related applications and registrations, help service contracts for broadcasters and other licensees, assist with sales, distribution and market preparations; including all related tasks such as scheduling, administrative duties, travel arrangements, and when necessary, general office assistance and front desk shifts.
The role reports directly to the vice president.
START DATE: JANUARY 17TH 2011
- B.A. or equivalent university degree (preferred) or college diploma in Film and TV
- some experience in film, television, video production or animation preferred
- Strong initiative and creative resourcefulness.
- Exceptional communication skills: concise, clear and with creative flair.
- organized work style and outstanding attention to detail
- ability to balance many rapidly shifting priorities
- pro-active approach to your work and take full ownership
- proficiency with MS Outlook, word, excel, + web based publishing protocols
- you love helping to tell unique stories with words, art and music
- you’re fun, trustworthy, chill
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: JANUARY 7TH 2011
Please email a cover letter/email and resume with “Development Assistant” in the subject heading to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include where you learned about the job. Only selected candidates will be contacted. No phone calls. Guru Studio is an equal opportunity employer