December 3, 2010
Animation studio looking for an experienced director to lead the creative
production team of a second season of an established 2D animated children’s TV series “1001 Nights”
Job Description and Responsibilities:
• To provide creative vision and direction on pre‐production, production and post production of an established 2D Harmony animated TV series
• Provide suggested changes/comments/feedback/creative solutions in all
areas of the production pipeline such as scripts, voice record, design,
storyboards, animatics, layout, BG paint, builds, animation and post
• Establish quality standard for finished project using established Animation
practices and processes.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external
• Work closely with supervisors, coordinators, editors and artists to ensure
execution of the story in the animation of each episode.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years experience working in the production of an animated children’s TV series specifically 2D digital animation using
Toonboom Harmony or Flash, having directed at least 2 other series
• Must have experience directing the complete pipeline production of an
animated TV series
• Must have experience reading scripts and providing ideas and suggestions to improve the story as well as executing the story from a production and
• Must be able to assess the artists’ talent and skill sets in order to achieve the needs of the production
• Must have experience with voice records as well as the post production
process including working with a composer, sound effects design and mixes.
• Must have experience in dealing with Children’s TV Networks’ production
guidelines and requirements
• Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to clearly communicate an artistic vision to others and get them to
realize the vision
• The knack for working effectively under deadline pressures – specifically the approvals process
• Patience working with people from different disciplines and cultures with
varying degrees of technical knowledge – must be able to coach/mentor/lead younger artists
• Keen judgment for juggling multiple priorities
• Ability to work independently or to collaborate with a group
• Experienced working with Mac and other office/communication programs
• Most importantly has a passion for animation
Full ‐ time contract position. Available to start immediately. Serious inquiries only.
Please note: successful applicants must be Canadian citizens or possess landed immigrant status, or be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Please send your resume to email@example.com