CrowdWave® is one of the most exciting gaming companies to emerge in the mass-participation gaming space. With an impressive customer base, CrowdWave’s interactive entertainment system has been played by over 6,000,000 fans of pro and collegiate sports. With is patent pending Vision Interactive software, crowds in stadiums and arenas engage with each other to compete, vote, cooperate and control graphics on arena or stadium video screens.
Poised to double its presence in the coming season through firm commitments with the NFL, NHL and NBA teams, CrowdWave is aggressively ramping up its high quality design, development and sales teams in the Toronto and Ottawa area. This is a tremendous opportunity for gaming artists, animators and developers to flex their creative and technical muscles with intense graphics and rich, 3D content that pushes Flash to the limit. We are looking for top talent to join our creative team who are seeking the challenge of creating and delivering premium content in video entertainment for a leading edge platform.
We are currently seeking an Interactive Designer with experience producing high quality commercial art for games and new media to join the game development art team in our Toronto office.
Our requirement is for a driven Interactive Designer to join a team of talented artists in making highly engaging interactive games. The Interactive Designer will be responsible for working from technical documents, wireframes and pre production assets in the creation of relevant game assets for multiple projects. Under guidance from the Art Director & Lead Designer, the Interactive Designer will work alongside the motion artist in creating all relevant in game art assets, assist in creating required animations, as well as integrate all relevant assets for each game build, while maintaining the quality and consistency of direction for all CrowdWave games.
● Report to the Lead Designer as part of the game development team, working with the motion artist in the creation of final in game art assets
● Translate pre production assets into complete, fully integrated in game art assets, that meet style and quality standards as set by the Art Director
● Produce static and motion assets, including UI graphics, characters, props, text, special effects, while working within the parameters communicated by the Lead Designer
● Work within established design parameters for sponsor branding of all CrowdWave game products
● Work closely with programmers to ensure smooth integration of all relevant game assets, while addressing any related functionality concerns
● Work effectively from wireframes and technical documentation in creating relevant game assets
● Meet project deadlines / milestones as set by the studio production management staff, while working on multiple game development projects at one time
● Support various design efforts for company related projects
● Minimum 3 years casual game industry or related interactive design experience
● Degree in Multimedia Design, Graphic Design or other related graphic arts degree
● Expertise with all three software packages: Illustrator, Photoshop & Flash
● Familiarity with the full range of Adobe Creative suite products (including After Effects & Premier)
● Understanding of, and experience working with, HTML, XML, Action Scripting
● Experience creating storyboards for the broadcast or video game markets
● Outstanding portfolio, demonstrating excellence in a variety of mediums and styles, including relevant game samples
● Demonstrated experience working on multiple projects, priorities and deadlines
● Advanced digital design skills, with a solid understanding of composition & colour theory, text placement, lighting & visual flow
● Ability to work with multiple concepts or approaches for a given project, and to adjust visual production style as required
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
● An independent and versatile worker, thorough and organised, with strong attention to detail
● A great sense of aesthetics, preferably with the visual language of video games
● A great understanding of movement and timing, and a love of motion graphics
● Experience in character animation an asset