Crowdwave Games – Toronto, Canada Area
We are currently seeking Producer with experience in creation of quality digital artwork for the video game or broadcast market to join our game development art team in our Toronto office.
The Producer will be expected, alongside the Game Director, to lead project objectives through all phases of product development; pre-production, production & testing through to launch, across multi-disciplinary teams. Responsibilities will include management & tracking of multiple projects, while developing and managing a framework for communication, ensuring that projects meet budget, schedule and quality standards. Focus is placed on managing staff and resource allocation, as well as project management and tracking.
- Creation of each product’s schedule, budget, and overall production pathway, with all related documentation, including relative tracking & reporting structures\
- Establish and lead effective communication structures between key internal resources and outsource partners within the parameters of each production cycle
- Define with key members risks/benefits/recommendations, while proactively identifying potential pitfalls and implementing creative solutions to circumvent roadblocks or delays, driving issues to resolution
- Track multiple projects to schedule and milestones, working with cross-disciplinary teams in the areas of art, design and programming
- Ensure that all team members working from the project’s tracked schedule retain a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability for the quality and delivery of their contribution
- Identify all task interdependencies while communicating these effectively to staff leads to ensure proper asset management and flow
- Able to identify high and low priority items to the team, making sound decisions on activating plans that yield the greatest return based on “urgent” requirements
- Establish a positive work environment by fostering a harmonious and cohesive team atmosphere, promoting a common purpose for each product team
- Work with art, design and programming department leads to ensure adequate and effective project staffing
- Identify & establish relationships with new outsource resources in anticipation of project & overflow requirements
- Minimum 3+ years casual game industry or related experience, with 2+ in a Producer capacity
- University degree or college diploma in project management or related field, game development preferred
- Must understand game development pipelines, related tools and production procedure integration
- Exceptional project management practices and software knowledge, including database systems, Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- A self-directed, detail oriented organized leader demonstrating an ability to handle multiple demands, with a desire to contribute to a unique creative environment
- Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure, in a faced paced environment, while collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team to achieve established objectives with maximum efficiency
- The ability to analyze problems and apply critical thinking in implementing resolution to complex issues
- Superior ability to coordinate sharing of information and files
- Strong ability to multi task while exhibiting excellent attention to detail.
- Word processing & spreadsheet software (MS Office package)
- Production database & tracking software package is an asset (i.e. Basecamp)
Interested applicants are invited to apply by submitting applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Crowdwave Games – Toronto, Canada Area
We are currently seeking Art Director with experience in creation of quality digital artwork for the video game or broadcast market to join our game development art team in our Toronto office.
Our requirement at this time is for seasoned Art Director who will lead the design team in establishing the visual style for a slate of games, under guidance from the Creative Director, while being responsible for the development & production of relevant pre production and in-game assets. Focus is placed on development of game concepts, related style guides & story art. The Art Director will also supervise game production via local and off-site studios, communicating priorities, calling revisions, and maintaining quality control.
This role will require a visionary with foresight and instinct to effectively understand and anticipate the content possibilities and help harness the talents of the team and effective use of resources and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to create within a wide range of styles
- Strong sense of timing, lighting, colour and visual language
- Ability to set the look & feel of a project
- Has a clear understanding of visual communication, from static to motion mediums
- Demonstrated history of consistent high-end aesthetic and technical execution
- Ability to liaise and direct offsite suppliers
- Strong ability to manage the art department resources
- Experience supervising an art department’s digital pipeline with its related tools
- Experience with video game market, from conceptualization to asset production & integration would be ideal
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to be creative and meet deadlines within a fast-paced production environment
- Excellent drawing skills, sense of dynamic movement and 3 dimension
- Strong sense of visual storytelling, excellent sense of design principles
- Strong attention to detail
- Photoshop & Flash
- Digital painting proficiency
Interested applicants are invited to apply by submitting applications to email@example.com
CrowdWave® is the most exciting mass-participation game company in North America today. In one year since its ten team NBA and NHL launch, CrowdWave’s interactive game apps have been experienced by over 6,000,000 fans. Its patent pending Vision Interactive software lets those fans compete, vote, cooperate and play games on the “big screen” simply by moving their arms.
CrowdWave is expanding – doubling the number of NBA and NHL teams next season and expanding to the NFL and NCAA. To handle this explosive growth, CrowdWave is ramping up its top quality design and development teams in Toronto. This is a tremendous opportunity for game artists, animators and developers to flex their creative and technical muscles with intense graphics and rich, 3D content that pushes coding to the limit. We are looking for top talent, ready for the challenge of creating and delivering premium casual game content for a leading edge platform.