CrowdWave® is one of the most exciting gaming companies to emerge in the mass-participation gaming space. With an impressive customer base, CrowdWave’s interactive entertainment system has been played by over 6,000,000 fans of pro and collegiate sports. With is patent pending Vision Interactive software, crowds in stadiums and arenas engage with each other to compete, vote, cooperate and control graphics on arena or stadium video screens.
Poised to double its presence in the coming season through firm commitments with the NFL, NHL and NBA teams, CrowdWave is aggressively ramping up its high quality design, development and sales teams in the Toronto and Ottawa area. This is a tremendous opportunity for gaming artists, animators and developers to flex their creative and technical muscles with intense graphics and rich, 3D content that pushes Flash to the limit. We are looking for top talent to join our creative team who are seeking the challenge of creating and delivering premium content in video entertainment for a leading edge platform.
We are currently seeking a Visual Development Artist with experience in producing high quality commercial art for games, film or new media to join the game development art team in our Toronto office.
Visual Development Artist
Our requirement at this time is for an experienced Visual Development Artist to join a team of talented artists in making highly engaging interactive games. The Visual Development Artist will be responsible for working from wireframes and technical documents in the creation of relevant art materials and pre production assets for multiple projects. Under guidance from the Game & Art Directors, the Visual Development Artist will contribute to implementing each game vision, through story art assets, conceptual character, layout and in game screen development, as well as provide a variety of in game art assets, while maintaining the quality and consistency of direction for all CrowdWave games.
● Work closely with the Art Director to assist in developing the visual style for all game pre- production and production art
● Adhere to the established game vision & direction, while maintaining consistency in the company’s game product line
● Assist in developing gameplay parameters through the creation of story art assets, including storyboards, colour keys, gameplay mock-ups and animatics
● Work closely with designers & programmers to make sure gameplay concerns are addressed quickly and efficiently in the concept phase of each game
● Create production designs & style guides for in game assets, including characters, layouts, props and UI graphics
● Work effectively from wireframes and technical documentation in creating relevant art materials, while ensuring that all designs (characters, layouts, assets etc…) address related functionality concerns
● Meet project deadlines / milestones as set by the studio production management staff, while working on multiple game development projects at one time
● Support various art efforts for company related projects
● Minimum 3-5 years casual game industry or related entertainment experience
● Degree in Animation, Illustration, or other related entertainment arts degree
● Expertise with a minimum of one digital painting package, preferably Photoshop, as well as familiarity with the full range of Adobe Creative suite (Flash, Illustrator, After Effects, Premier)
● Experience creating video game visual development art for the casual or social games market
● Experience creating storyboards for the broadcast or video game markets
● Outstanding portfolio, demonstrating excellence in a variety of mediums and styles, including relevant story art samples
● Demonstrated experience in working on multiple projects, priorities and deadlines
● Advanced traditional & story art skills, with a solid understanding of composition & layout, dynamic character posing, lighting and colour design, while demonstrating clear expertise in perspective and 3 dimensional drawing
● Ability to explore and evaluate multiple concepts or approaches for a given project, and determine most appropriate direction
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
● An independent and versatile worker, thorough and organised, with strong attention to detail
● A great sense of aesthetics, preferably with the visual language of video games
● A great understanding of movement and timing, and a love of motion graphics
● Experience in character animation an asset