Arc Productions is hiring an Editor.
The editor is responsible for maintaining a production timeline that reflects editorial changes made by the client. On a daily basis the editor will receive material from various departments in order to keep all shows up to date. He/She prepares material for delivery to departments and ensures that the most up-to-date cut and materials are delivered within required timeframes. The Editor ensures that members of the production team are kept up to date with editorial changes. Additionally the editor will run all daily creative screening sessions for the various departments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Receive material (i.e. storyboard images, dialogue records, animation files, etc.) from applicable departments, import into editing software, and log and organize relevant details to ensure that required material is easily retrievable
– Archive material (i.e. clips, cuts of sequences, etc.)
– Perform regular backups of project and media.
– Prepare material for delivery to various departments
– Prepare QuickTime and DVD files of sequences for crew and Executive reference
– Prepare reels for delivery to sound and music departments (i.e. QuickTime files, audio files, OMF files, Avid change notes, versioning documentation, etc.)
– Prepare approved sequences for the animation production pipeline
– Create storyboard assembly lists for the storyboard department
– Ensure that most up-to-date information is delivered to appropriate departments within required timeframes
– Ensure that members of the production team are kept up to date with editorial changes
– Provide production team members with detailed change notes and related media
– Perform additional editing-related tasks as required
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
– 3-5 years experience in the field of film/television editing and post-production, preferably within the CG animation industry
– Completed post-secondary education in relevant area of study
– Experience using Avid Media Composer or comparable editing software
– This individual must have superior organizational skills
– Strong attention for detail with the ability to remain focused for long periods of time
– Capable of working both independently under minimal direction as well as in a team
– Strong technical proficiency with the ability to adapt to new and changing procedures and duties
Apply online at http://www.arcproductions.com in our careers section. No phone calls please.
Be First to Comment