Arc Productions is hiring a Render Wrangler.
The Render Wrangler administers render job queues, checking and validating output of completed jobs and reporting any issues or failed jobs to the original submitter. This role monitors and resolves issues regarding troubled and/or failed render nodes, reports critical issues as necessary, ensures the continuous running of the render farm during non-regular business hours, and contributes to the documentation of rendering procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Administer render job queues, checking and validating output of completed jobs and reporting any issues or failed jobs to the original submitter
– Monitor troubled and/or failed render nodes, blocking and reporting failed nodes from picking up and continually failing jobs
– Report critical issues (i.e. network, storage, and/or service failure) to Rendering Lead and/or Senior Systems Administrators as necessary
– Ensure the continuous running of the render farm during non-regular business hours
– Contribute to the documentation of rendering procedures
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
– Completed post-secondary education in CG Animation, Computer Science, or other relevant area of study, with a high degree of computer literacy
– Demonstrated understanding of Maya capabilities and limitations
– Strong prioritization and time-management skills
– Excellent problem-solving skills
– Ability to work independently and perform under pressure
– Ability to record information accurately and to produce relevant reports
– Scripting experience an asset
– Availability to work non-traditional hours
Apply online at http://www.arcproductions.com in our careers section. No phone calls please.