guru studio seeks experienced 3D RIGGERS for the second season of their original show JUSTIN TIME.
Alongside design and animation departments you will work with a small team to rig and model 3D characters, sets and props for use in a television series. You possess a keen sense of how to apply a cartoony design aesthetic to serve the needs of a 3D pipeline. Due to the hybrid 2D/3D approach of the production you have diversified set of skills including the ability to automate tasks through scripting language. Above all you have a desire to contribute to a unique and innovative culture that thrives on setting itself apart.
- Collaborate with design, layout and animation leads to meet the needs of the production.
- Uses commercial and proprietary tools to rig characters for TV series.
- Design control mechanisms that are simple and intuitive for animators.
- Model characters and props based on the show’s hybrid 2D/3D design aesthetic.
- Apply basic shaders and textures to models consistent with a flat cartoon look.
- Write scripts that automate character production.
- In depth knowledge of Maya rigging required.
- Strong secondary abilities in modeling is a must.
- Functional knowledge of Maya shader networks and UV placement.
- An understanding of cartoon animation principles and how they apply to rigging.
- Ability to automate tasks with MEL or Python strongly desired.
- Comfortable in a smaller studio setting and enjoys being multi-faceted.
- Firm commitment to meeting deadlines.
Please send resumes and reels with a descriptive list to:
Attention: Hire Me!
110 Spadina Ave., Suite 500
Toronto, ON M5V 2K4
We are unable to return materials, so please do not submit originals.
This is a full time contract position beginning November 21st 2011 and finishing September, 2011. Applicants must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident. guru studio is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please.