October 18, 2011
Character Rigger for CG Animated Specials
Job Code: RIG006
BRON Studios (Burnaby, B.C.) is looking for an experienced Character Rigger for a team focused on creating an Animated CG show. The ideal candidate has experience in rigging and skinning characters and props that can move, deform and act as required by the scope of the 3D production (cartoony look, no squash & stretch). It is essential to have a solid grasp of Anatomy, Form and Movement. The candidate must have exceptional skills in Maya and Motion Builder and be well versed in Modelling, Animation and Motion Capture pipelines.
The ideal candidate must be an organized team player that is capable of keeping track of all tasks, proactive in approach and has a good sense of humour.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Provide technical specification, construction, modification and maintenance of all 3D character rigs and prop rigs.
- Collaborate with Animation & Modelling departments to define 3d rig requirements.
- Work closely with Animation & Modelling departments and an Outsource company to integrate a proprietary 2d face-shapes rig into 3d rig.
- Ensure rigging work is carried out on schedule and on budget.
- Actively participate in development and documentation of the production workflow and pipeline.
- Define directory structure, naming conventions and versioning for all riggers.
- Collaborate and communicate clearly with Production team and department supervisors.
- Be able to identify, prioritise and develop tools and plug-ins to optimize rigging workflow.
- Requires 2 years minimum experience in 3D Feature Film and/or Commercial production with an emphasis on rigging and skinning.
- Full knowledge of Maya and Proficient with Motion Builder.
- Knowledge of character and facial rigging techniques.
- Experience with rigging and skinning for a variety of different character types.
- Experience with 2d animation & 2d face-shapes desirable.
- Knowledge of motion capture / performance capture production pipelines.
- Strong modeling skills.
- Animation experience desirable.
- Strong artistic skills, with an understanding of anatomy, form and movement.
- Knowledge of programming and software development and Shotgun Software desirable.
- Previous supervisory or leadership experience desirable.
- Ability to cope with the pressure of our busy, deadline driven industry.
- A creative problem-solver who is organized and critical of his or her own work.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Producer, CG Supervisor
Please visit www.bronstudios.com to apply for this position