Vice President, Programming TELETOON
Manager, Scheduling (team of 4)
Acquisitions and Scheduling Coordinator
181 Bay Street
Reporting to the Vice President, Programming, the Director, Programming is responsible for all programming activities from recommending acquisitions to implementing scheduling strategies in accordance with TELETOON’s overall programming strategies. This person will work closely with the Director of Original Content to ensure the production and the delivery of approved programs or series.
- Responsible for developing and implementing the scheduling, acquisition and original production strategies on all networks and non-linear platforms to increase audience.
- Responsible for the Programming budget
- Work with Vice President, Programming and Director, Original Content to develop and implement programming strategies
- Implement strategies to ensure that TELETOON is acquiring programming that will work on all distribution platforms.
- Work with Director of Original Content in their efforts to co-produce quality programming for the network.
- Provide programming expertise and guidance to support the scheduling department.
- Work with the marketing team to develop stunts, shows and program events.
- Recommend all the major foreign acquisitions to drive on-air audience growth.
- Oversee pre and post production research for programming that helps track market performance and identify insights on core audience to help drive TELETOON performance.
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing to ensure coordinated and focused efforts to understand brand strategy to increase revenue and audience.
- Work with marketing to identify and enable integrated merchandising, home video and web efforts.
- Develop and manage strategic relationships with key distributors and suppliers critical to TELETOON’s future business and brand recognition.
- Undergraduate degree.
- 7-10 years television industry experience programming linear channels and branded digital platforms.
- Proven leadership experience managing a programming team within a dynamic and demanding environment.
- Direct experience with CRTC regulations and broadcast policy.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with a wide range of personalities.
- Experience in working with new technologies, merchandising, home video and cross-platform distribution
- Established contacts within television industry.
- Excellent negotiating skills and experience with program acquisitions
- Organized business approach to solving problems.
- Knowledge of Canadian production environment.
- Strong creative, analytical and strategic mindset.
- Solid judgement skills reflecting knowledge of networks’ brands.
- Superior oral and written communication skills in English are necessary. The knowledge of French language will be an asset.
Here’s the link: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA9/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ASTRAL&cws=1&rid=570