November 17, 2011
Justin Time is a “2d/3d Hybrid” production with a unique look. Visually, it pulls design influences from the likes of Mary Blair, Golden Book Illustrations and Samurai Jack. The Character designs are bright, colourful and highly refined using simple graphic shapes. Environments are whimsical and highly stylized with a blend of clean graphic shapes, painterly textures, and a rich feeling of light and atmosphere. The Animation style is energetic and playful and the direction of the show will make use of creative camera compositions and movement.
Every episode we visit a different time and place in history, so a wide variety of people, animals, costumes, themes, and locations are designed throughout the production.
You can see a trailer for visual reference here: www.gurustudio.com/justintime<http://www.gurustudio.com/justintime/>
* Work with Art Director, Location Designer and Character Designer to illustrate and design assets to match the style of show.
* Work with Modeling team to create textures for 3D assets.
* Storyboard revisions.
* Assist to produce prop, set and background production ready art.
* Occasionally take on various concept art tasks other than background design (character concept art, cover art, mock-ups, props etc.).
* Excellent drawing and painting skills and sense of colour.
* A solid understanding on how to arrive at a stylized cartoon look and how it relates to three dimensional space.
* A solid understanding of light and shadow.
* Experience with Photoshop, knowledge of other art/graphics software an asset.
* Use of vector shapes an asset.
* Understanding of the basics of 3D animation production an asset.
* Works well under pressure in a small studio environment.
* Fun, Trustworthy, Chill.
Please indicate Design Intern in the subject header line and send only online portfolios/blogs with a descriptive list to:
Attention: Hire Me!
110 Spadina Ave., Suite 500
Toronto, ON M5V 2K4
We are unable to return materials, so please do not submit originals. No phone calls please and no relocation will be provided. This is an unpaid position beginning in November 2011. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
Guru Studio is an equal opportunity employer.
Be First to Comment