guru studio seeks a Compositing Intern for the second season of their original show JUSTIN TIME.
JUSTIN TIME is a “2d/3d Hybrid” production with a unique look. Visually, it pulls design influences from the likes of Mary Blair, Golden Book Illustrations and Samurai Jack. The Character designs are bright, colourful and highly refined using simple graphic shapes. Environments are rich and highly stylized with a blend of graphic shapes and painterly textures. The animation style is energetic and playful and the direction of the show will make use of creative camera compositions and movement.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of After FX or equivalent professional compositing software
- Understanding of 3D concepts and workflows
- Familiar with Maya and Photoshop
- Visual sense of quality, digital composites, good sense of camera
- Experience working in a production pipeline environment is a plus
- Good organization skills, ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Strong communication and timeline skills
- Ability to take direction well
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team
- Some knowledge of CG lighting & animation
What We Offer:
- A fun creative environment
- A chance to observe the world of animation production and gain experience
- Performance based honorarium and reimbursed transportation costs
Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Compositing Intern in the header.
Please no phone calls. Only selected applicants will be contacted.