Position: Senior Art Director(s)
Location: 110 Spadina Ave Suite 500, Toronto
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Overtime as required.
Guru Studio, the award winning internationally renowned animation house in Toronto, seeks experienced Senior Art Director(s) for an animated TV series and a variety of upcoming projects.
- A creative individual with a unique vision and the passion to inspire.
- Prefer 2 years experience designing for TV television at a senior level.
- Flexible and able to design backgrounds, props, characters, wardrobe, etc both conceptual and production ready art.
- Excellent drawing and painting skills and sense of colour.
- A solid understanding of light and shadow
- Experience with Photoshop – knowledge of other art/graphics software an asset
- Understanding of silhouette.
- Understanding of the basics of 3D animation production
- Recognized by leads and amongst peers as highly skilled and a top contributor.
- Previous show experience.
- Fun. Trustworthy. Chill
- Pitch concepts, direct a crew of artists and shepherd the project from inception to completion through direct contact with clients and producers.
- Collaborate with Art Director and design team to develop a consistent look for the show
- Conceptualize, create and maintain detailed design documentation throughout the project cycle.
- Mentor design colleagues and level artists. Provide guidance, feedback, or instruction to those individuals that enhance their work. This includes reviewing scripts/storyboard etc.
- Demonstrate commitment to creative collaboration in a time-sensitive environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply: Please email resumes and links to blogs, portfolios or reels (Vimeo preferred) to: email@example.com with Senior Art Director in the subject line.
No phone calls please. We are unable to return materials, so please do not submit originals. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Candidate must be a Canadian Citizen and a resident of Ontario. Guru studio is an equal opportunity employer.
Please indicate where you saw this ad in your cover letter.