Position: CG Supervisor
Location: 110 Spadina Ave Suite 500, Toronto
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Overtime as required.
Guru Studio, the award winning internationally renowned animation house in Toronto, seeks an experienced CG Supervisor for a brand new animated TV series.
- Ability to problem-solve and predict potential problems with workflow.
- Critical creative eye for detail.
- Experience with Maya.
- Knowledge of CG workflow and pipelines.
- Knowledge of Mel or Python scripting.
- Experience as a Layout Supervisor, Technical Animator or TD.
- Fun. Trustworthy. Chill.
- Ensure technical requirements of the show are met.
- Review scripts, storyboards and leica reels at various stages and make suggestions regarding technical issues, and economies that are in-line with the Design, Layout & Animation.
- Confirm approvals and check naming conventions in preparation for materials to go into Layout, Modeling, Rigging & Animation departments.
- Build asset breakdowns for each show (sets, models, textures, etc.).
- When necessary train artists on how to use relevant technologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply: Please email resumes and links to blogs, portfolios or reels (Vimeo preferred) to: email@example.com with CG Supervisor in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
We are unable to return materials, so please do not submit originals. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Candidate must be a Canadian Citizen and a resident of Ontario. Guru studio is an equal opportunity employer.
Please indicate where you saw this ad in your cover letter.