Position: Senior 3D Riggers
Location: 110 Spadina Ave Suite 500, Toronto
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Overtime as required.
Guru Studio, the award winning internationally renowned animation house in Toronto, seeks experienced Senior 3D Riggers for a premier international animated TV series.
- In depth knowledge of Maya rigging.
- Strong secondary abilities in modeling.
- Functional knowledge of Maya shader networks and UV placement.
- An understanding of cartoon animation principles and how they apply to rigging.
- Ability to automate tasks with MEL or Python.
- Firm commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Fun. Trustworthy. Chill
- Use commercial and proprietary tools to rig characters, sets and props for TV series.
- Collaborate with design, layout and animation leads to meet the needs of the production.
- Design control mechanisms that are simple and intuitive for animators.
- Maintain character and prop models when necessary.
- Write scripts that automate character production.
- Adapt to other tasks as required.
To apply: Please email resumes and links to blogs, portfolios or reels (Vimeo preferred) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior 3D Rigger in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
We are unable to return materials, so please do not submit originals. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Candidate must be a Canadian Citizen and a resident of Ontario. Guru studio is an equal opportunity employer.
Please indicate where you saw this ad in your cover letter.