Salary: $65,000 – 85,000 – Medical/Dental benefits
Start Date: Summer 2012
Job Description: We are currently seeking an experienced Animation Director to lead a production crew on upcoming projects in our Ottawa studio. This is a multi-faceted position that requires exceptional artistic and leadership skills. Directors must lead-by-example and be able to creatively supervise a production while mentoring younger artists and motivating their team to achieve exceptional results.
- Must have accomplished leadership skills in a supervisor or director level role.
- Experienced with Toon Boom Animation’s Harmony software.
- Possesses a broad creative skill set that encompasses all facets of animation production including: development, story, set up, 2D / 3D animation integration, compositing, special effects, and even graphic design.
- Proactively contributes to team deliverables at any level with enthusiasm.
- Calls for a keen sense of animation timing and comedy.
- Requires excellent problem solving skills.
- Must hold a solid work ethic.
- Committed and unyielding in his/her attention to detail.
- All candidates must be uncompromising and motivated in their need to create beautiful, memorable animation.
This is a rare senior position requiring meaningful input into its development and production slates. Animation Directors must be flexible, able to multi-task, trouble-shoot, and add creative value in all areas including development, design, story, animation, and compositing/effects.
Our team works on the highest profile and most demanding animated series being produced. If you’re an exceptional artist and leader with a diverse skill set and don’t know the meaning of the word compromise, you should be working in an environment that sets the standard for television animation.
Please email your resume and demo reel link to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference: AD-0412 in the subject line of all submissions.
I hope you realise the word ‘jobby’ is common used in Scotland, and other parts of the UK, to refer to faeces.
Thanks Gary. Nice to know we have some international appeal.