July 12, 2012
About Pixar Canada
Pixar Canada is looking for an experienced Animator for its Vancouver studio. Pixar Canada is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Pixar Animation Studios, the world leader in animated films. The Vancouver studio produces short-form animation focusing on legacy Pixar characters from films such as Toy Story and Cars. This is a great opportunity to be part of a diverse and talented team.
Summary of Position
An Animator creates the motions, gestures, and expressions of three-dimensional computer graphics characters and objects.
General Duties and Responsibilities
– Receive with each assigned shot: storyboards, story reels, recorded dialogue, set layout, and direction. The Director shows each new sequence in layout and describes what is expected for every shot at a “blocking meeting”
– Read soundtrack and plan shot
– Block in movements in rough animation and show for the Director’s approval in a daily review
– Refine and finish work for Director approval
– Attend animation dailies
– Deliver work in a timely manner
Background and Qualifications
– Minimum of 5 years professional animation experience required
– Ability to use acting skills, which bring characters to life, as well as clearly communicate simple ideas with which an audience can empathize
– Strong understanding of traditional animation principles
– Strong attention to detail
– An art background, which shows a thorough understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, texture, and form
– Proven storytelling skills
– Must have an online demo reel that demonstrates application of the principles of animation to tell a story with meaning through movement
– Ability to work collaboratively
– Must be open to direction and able to embrace change
– Degree or certificate in classical animation, film, or related field, or equivalent production animation experience
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, please submit your cover letter, resume, link that points us directly to your demo reel, and reel breakdown/shotlist to this posting. PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL DEMO REELS. If you don’t have a website to showcase your work, you may be able to use a free service like dropbox.
If you have recently applied to the General Animator application – you need not apply again.
My name is Minjoon Choi, sheridan animation grad who just graduated this year.
I hope to work and am ready to work for your company.
I’m confident that my assets will be able to contribute to your company’s goal.
And I will try and put all my effort in to develop my potential to reach the highest ability.
I will say my strongest abilities are animating, character designing and storyboarding. Animating is the one of my strongest as well. I’m very face-paced working person, so I can finish work in time and also produce a good quality of work. I’m a people person, I love to meet new people and get along with people very easily.
I might not be in a professional level but when i face a difficult issue, I will overcome and try to solve it.
My demoreel website: http://animation.sheridanc.on.ca/portfolio/2012/choimi
My youtube final film: http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=mhee&v=8-LjI9EQMx0
My email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
My phone number is: 416-625-7759
Thank you very much for your time.
I look forward to speaking with you again.
Please apply using the link provided in the post.