Last updated on August 11, 2012
Guru Studio, the award winning internationally renowned animation house in Toronto, seeks experienced Compositing Supervisor for a premier international animated TV series. As the Compositing Supervisor you will be required to work with the creative team to develop the overall look and approach to lighting for children’s television.
- Oversee the development of clean template comps to generate great looking shots quickly
- Manage a team of compositors and assign shots based off on their skills/strengths
- Work with the lighting and TD departments heads to develop techniques to improve the look of the show and make the current systems more efficient
- Work with the FX and lighting teams to develop a look for water and particle FX
- An expert Nuke user
- Team leader who leads by example
- Understanding of linear workflows, recombination of 3D render elements for the purposes of relighting
- Experience working on “animated” series, features, or commercials
- Ability to manage a team’s strengths/skills sets and learning curves
- Comfortable with applications such as Maya and Photoshop
- Good sense of color and composition with an appreciation for strong cinematography
- Experience working in a pipeline environment
- Knowledge of After Effects is an asset
- Please email resumes and links to blogs, portfolios or reels (Vimeo preferred) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Compositing Supervisor in the subject line
- Candidate must be a Canadian Citizen and a resident of Ontario. Guru studio is an equal opportunity employer.
- We are unable to return materials, so please do not submit originals. Only selected candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
- Please indicate where you saw this ad in your cover letter.