November 16, 2012
CG Asset Supervisor
March Entertainment is looking for a skilled and experienced CG Asset Supervisor to oversee production assets for our animated properties in our Toronto studio.
The CG Asset Supervisor guides the asset team while working with the layout, lighting and animation departments to ensure assets are delivered on time and within proper specifications. He or she will also liaise with clients to ensure assets are built in accordance with their creative vision.
This is a key position that requires someone technically and artistically savvy, as well as an excellent communicator with a can-do spirit.
Responsibilities and requirements:
- Working with layout, lighting and animation to find economical ways to build sets that fulfill the creative and technical requirements of the show
- Managing members of the asset crew to facilitate quick creation of sets
- Analyzing script breakdowns to determine assets required for production
- Working with department heads to assess difficulties and formulating plans to address them and set schedules with production manager
- Planning out technical aspects of the assets with the pipeline in mind
- Sourcing suitable reference materials for required assets
- Working to meet defined milestones within a timeline and strict time constraints
- Having a familiarity with software such as Maya, Photoshop, 3Delight and ZBrush
- Having a working knowledge of production/asset management software such as Tactic and Shotgun
- Having an understanding of the layout process and early phases of the pipeline would be an asset
Applicants must be Ontario residents and eligible to work in Canada.
Please forward your CV and any demo materials to email@example.com.
We thank you for your interest in this position. Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.