Guru Studio’s dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character driven stories to screens around the world.
Our award winning and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company is looking for a Lighting Artist who is responsible for using existing light rigs to generate shots weekly. This role reports directly to the Line Producer.
– Use existing light rigs to generate a large volume of shots in a week –
– Proficient in shot based lighting using VRay or Mental Ray –
– Occasionally light a set from scratch using clean and efficient light setups –
– Work directly with the compositing team to reach the desired look –
– Occasionally work with the technical staff to solve rendering / lighting scene issues Qualifications:
– Communicate directly with the Art Director and Creative Supervisor to make sure set lighting
– meets the intended look of the show –
– Strong understanding of what is capable in compositing to reach the intended look –
– Knowledge of shaders, and their impact on render times –
– A solid portfolio highlighting composition and artistic skills –
– A strong portfolio that shows the ability to generate well lit and balanced imagery –
– Compositing experience is a major asset
Posting Date: Dec. 4th/12
Closing Date: Jan.04/13
Location: 110 Spadina Ave / Downtown Toronto
Please email resumes and links to blogs, portfolios or reels (Vimeo preferred) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with CG LIGHTING ARTIST in the subject line.
Ontario and/or Canadian Citizenship Required. Guru is an equal opportunity employer
Thank you for your interest in Guru Animation Studio. Hope to hear from you soon.