January 11, 2013
BIG JUMP Productions is a privately owned, independent, 2D hybrid animation production facility in Ottawa that specializes in the seamless combination of traditional and digital techniques. Our team of industry professionals is comprised of highly accredited specialists in all elements of production, prepared to develop projects from concept to post.
With experience in development, distribution, financing and producing, BIG JUMP’s diverse team provides a collective understanding and insight into the challenges faced by our clients in realizing their projects to the screen.
BIG JUMP seeks a Layout Supervisor for a new prime time show for CMT featuring the Blue Collar Comedy groups Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable Guy and Bill Engvall titled Bounty Hunters.
* Organize, prioritize and assign shots and tasks to your team and respond to various requests regarding work at various stages of completion.
* Manage the workflow both in and out of your department.
* Advise on layout problems before they happen and as they happen.
* Required to check in with Director, review notes and instruction regularly.
* Post completed work internally and communicate progress to managers and other departments.
* Expert knowledge in Photoshop and the ability to help plan 3D shots with our in-house 3D generalist.
* Ability to work fast and efficiently applying industry standard techniques.
* Ability to problem solve independently when required.
* Good knowledge of cinematic camera is essential.
* Understanding traditional animation aesthetic a must
* Basic posing skills and an ability to create reference animation where required.
* Ability to communicate well with directors and other team members.
* Good sense of timing and staging.
* 3 years of previous show/series experience required.
Please email resumes and links to blogs, portfolios or reels to: firstname.lastname@example.org with LAYOUT SUPERVISOR in the subject line. Ontario and Canadian Citizenship Required.
This is an in-house contract position beginning February 18th and ending May 31st.
Only eligible candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.