Nelvana Limited has an exciting opportunity for a 3D FX Technical Director in our Toronto office. Reporting directly to the Directors and Producers, the successful candidate will be responsible for acting as a primary support for technical problems in the production department.
- Develop and support CG effects using Maya and other advanced tools such as RealFlow.
- Provide technical solutions to artists and other TD’s regarding the 3D software, and tools.
- Help engineer setups or tools to enable efficient throughput of frequently generated elements (Primarily Special Effects).
- Assist as required in modeling, rigging, texturing, lighting, assembly, rendering and compositing
- Communication with other departments/partner studios to facilitate the delivery of assets during production.
- Positive, pro-active attitude a must
- Ability to work independently or within a team.
- Expert technical knowledge of particle and fluid FX
- Expert technical knowledge of Maya and MEL Scripting
- Strong technical knowledge of RealFlow is an asset
- Experience with Toxic, Fusion and other compositing tools is an asset
- Strong knowledge of 3D geometry formats, texture mapping options, and character setup.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong interest in Animation Industry and emerging tools/related products
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume by Date to: