We are seeking talented 3D Character Animators with experience and knowledge of the principles of character animation to join our growing team. Working knowledge of Maya is beneficial. Studio environment is past-paced and committed to creating high-quality animation. Candidates should thrive as part of a team and take direction well.
* Work from storyboard/animatic and 3D layout files to create high-quality, key-framed animation demonstrating a strong sense of performance, posing, timing, and weight, including lip sync and shot-to-shot continuity.
* Must be able to work collaboratively to ensure animation adheres to the style and vision set out by the Director, Animation Supervisor, and Lead Animators.
* Attend animation dailies and adjust/refine animation as indicated by the Animation Supervisor, Director, and Lead Animators.
* Deliver work in a timely manner.
* We prefer artists that have 2 or more years of professional experience working with Maya or other professional animation software, though all talented animators are encouraged to apply. Artists with demonstrable knowledge of classical 2D animation and/or stop-motion animation will also be considered.
* Online demo reel that demonstrates your expertise in 3D animation is essential.
* Must have the ability to interpret a storyboard.
* Must possess the ability to work collaboratively, taking direction and feedback from the Director(s) as necessary.
* Knowledge of 2D or 3D animation production pipeline is beneficial.
You can apply directly through the Opus VFX site: http://www.opusvfx.com/employmentdb/index.php
Only Canadian citizens or citizens that have Landed Immigrant status in Canada please apply.
This opportunity is located in Winnipeg, Manitoba. If you are not already a resident of Winnipeg, it requires relocating to this city for the duration of the term. Please note: All applications for this position will be considered, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.