April 15, 2013
Arc Productions, a Canadian based CG animation and visual effects facility located in downtown Toronto is looking for a Junior Desktop Support to join our team. With over 250 artists and technical directors and the most up to date resources available, we bring the vision to both major Hollywood studios and independent producers to life in a wide array of formats: theatrical features, television, DVDs, shorts and game cinematics.
The Junior Desktop Support role resolves computer-related issues for studio employees, completes all assigned project tasks, and assists in ensuring that the inventory system is up-to-date. Other responsibilities include ensuring that all software licenses are properly assigned, and that all Systems areas are kept organized and clean. This role works closely with the Senior Systems Administrators to learn how to use and troubleshoot new applications and/or services, performs monitor calibrations, and additional duties as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Resolve computer-related issues for studio employees as assigned by the Infrastructure and Support Supervisor
* Complete in full all assigned projects and tasks
* Assist in ensuring that the inventory system is up-to-date
* Install, troubleshoot, diagnose and support various desktop software and hardware
* Assist in ensuring that all software licenses are properly assigned, and that the Systems department is organized and clean
* Work closely with the Senior Systems Administrators to learn how to use and troubleshoot new applications and/or services as they are introduced to the production pipeline
* Work with Senior Systems Administrators to maintain the standardization and monitoring of all workstations (desktops and laptops) and peripherals (printers, scanners, monitors, graphic tablets, etc. . .) within the network as pertains to hardware, operating systems, and application software
* Perform monitor calibrations as required
* Assist with moving computing hardware and associated reconfiguring
* Perform additional duties as required
Required Skills and Experience:
* 1-3 years experience in Help Desk / Desktop Support
* High level of customer service orientation
* Good troubleshooting skills and ability to solve problems independently
* Strong understanding of Windows XP, Windows 7
* Excellent working knowledge of MS Office
* Knowledge of the following software packages an asset: Maya, Houdini, Mentalray, Renderman, Fusion, Nuke, Photoshop, MudBox
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to take direction and follow practices and procedures consistently and accurately
* Good time management skills
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
* Availability to occasionally work non-traditional hours if required
Please apply at www.arcproductions.com/careers
Please quote your salary expectations.
Thank you for your interest but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Be First to Comment