Guru Studio’s dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character driven stories to screens around the world.
Our award winning and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company is looking for a Modeling Supervisor on an upcoming CG co-production with Treehouse and CBeebies. The Modeling Supervisor is directly responsible for supporting the build of CG models and supervising the work of the modeling team. This role reports directly to the Line Producer.
- Build and execute CG models and supervise the work of the modelers
- Interpret and translate creative direction given by the Production Designer, Art Director and VFX Supervisor to the modelers and insure the direction is carried out on schedule and on budget
- Manage complexity of the models. Establish and enforce standards and practices for the department
- Ensure clear and consistent presentation of the models during reviews-Enforce naming conventions and versioning for all models
- 3+ years CG modeling experience in a Maya based production environment
- Prior experience as a supervisor and proven modeling abilities
- Strong leadership, organizational and prioritizing skills
- Strong understanding in traditional art with an excellent sense of form, proportion and scale
- High level creative and technical problem solving skills
- Experience with an animation production pipeline and how modeling interacts in thisworkflow
- Solid understanding of rigging and scriptingPrevious experience working on a television series is an asset
Posting Date: May 27th/13
Closing Date: June 17th/13
Location: 110 Spadina Ave / Downtown Toronto
Please email resumes and links to blogs, portfolios or reels (Vimeo preferred) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Modeling Supervisor in the subject line.
Ontario and/or Canadian Citizenship Required. Guru is an equal opportunity employer
Thank you for your interest in Guru Animation Studio. Hope to hear from you soon.
Be First to Comment