Guru Studio’s dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character driven stories to screens around the world.
Our award winning and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company is looking for a Surfacing Artist on an upcoming CG co-production with Treehouse and CBeebies. The Surfacing Artist is responsible for UV, texturing and developing shaders to be used in production. This role reports directly to the Line Producer.
- Primary Role is to UV / Texture / Develop Shaders to be used in Production.
- Work with the Surfacing Supervisor or Lead to reach the intended look of Characters / Props / and Environments based on the guidelines outlined by the Supervisors
- Maintain a clean and predictable naming structure for textures, shaders and shading networks.
- Keep team informed of any potential technical or creative problems
- Collaborate with other artists to ensure quality and consistency
- Keep up to speed with up and coming technology, and make recommendations for workflow improvement
- 2+ years experience in production
- Strong understanding of how an Animation TV series pipeline operates
- Strong traditional artwork portfolio is an asset
- Knowledge of 3D texturing tools (Zbrush / Body Paint / 3D Coat or Mari)
- A Portfolio that demonstrates intelligent and well utilized UVs
- Advanced to Expert knowledge of Photoshop
- A good understanding of ray tracing techniques and how to best use them.
Posting Date: July 16th/13
Closing Date: Aug 2nd /13
Location: 110 Spadina Ave / Downtown Toronto
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Please email resumes and links to blogs, portfolios or reels (Vimeo preferred) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Surfacing Artist in the subject line.
Ontario and/or Canadian Citizenship Required. Guru is an equal opportunity employer
Thank you for your interest in Guru Animation Studio. Hope to hear from you soon.
Be First to Comment