August 21, 2013
Are you interested in sharing your passion for Animation with aspiring students? If so, we want to hear from you.
Atlantica is looking for an Animation Instructor to join our team. As the animation instructor for our 3D Program, you would be responsible for providing quality instruction to students through well prepared classes, relevant assignments, fair and holistic assessment of learning, clear documentation of student progress, and support of the academic success for at-risk students.
Specifically you would:
· Teach assigned courses
· Adequately prepare all course materials and lessons.
· Provide each student with clear course expectations, evaluations and timelines through carefully written topical outlines and approved, standardized syllabus
· Provide Interesting and relevant assignments for students that demonstrate learning outcomes in a real-life setting
· Suitably challenge, engage, serve and communicate with students to encourage their participation and learning while maintaining mutual value and respect
· Complete final grade sheets, learning assessments and final exam assessments on a timely basis
· Respond to student questions on a timely basis
· Identify and refer at-risk students
· Ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the syllabus.
· Act as a substitute as needed
· Attend graduation ceremonies each year
· Work with program head on recruitment and retention activities.
· Assist program head and team with program evaluation and planning
· Consent to a background check.
· Work with our project teams on external client work.
· Strong organizational skills
· Proficiency in Word and Outlook
· Expertise in interpersonal and oral presentation/written communication skills.
· Autodesk Maya
· Adobe Creative Suit CS6, including Adobe Premier Pro.
· Experience with After Affects would be an asset.
About Atlantica Centre for the Arts – www.atlanticcentre.com
Atlantica is a recognized, specialized multimedia and digital arts college focused on turning driven, creative students into career ready 3D animators, Graphic Designers, New Media Broadcasters, and Music Industry Professionals.
Small classes, Big learning. Our teachers are working industry professionals, our classes are max out at 12 students in Recording Arts and 10 in all other programs. We provide students the one-on-one time they need to excel.
Real work, Real life. We have a broad range of community and industry partners that lets us provide students with real life work situations during class time.
More than 9-5. Our students have secure 24/7 access to their personal work spaces because deadlines don’t move, they also take their workstations with them when they graduate.
To submit a resume, please email Mike McGraw at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your portfolio.