Job Description: We are currently seeking a full time Background Painting Supervisor for an exciting high profile production with worldwide exposure. This exceptionally talented individual will lead a crew to deliver stunning background art from initial layout to full colour designs for immersive children’s entertainment properties while maintaining the style, quality and deadlines of the show throughout the production process.
Type: Permanent full-time employee
Salary: $55-65k per year. Medical/dental benefits available.
Start Date: Immediately
- Organize, prioritize and assign shots and tasks to your team and respond to various requests regarding work at various stages of completion
- Manage the workflow both in and out of your department
- Meet required quotas of finished painted backgrounds per week on professional grade animated productions
- Check in with directors to review notes and instructions regularly
- Attend client meetings and advise on proactive solutions to meet the creative needs of the art director
- Post completed work internally and communicate progress to managers and other departments
- Expert knowledge in Photoshop is absolutely essential
- Ability to work fast and efficiently applying industry standard techniques
- Ability to problem solve independently
- Ability to communicate well with directors and other team members
- 3 years of previous show/series experience preferable
- Understanding of traditional animation aesthetic an asset
- Working knowledge of Toon Boom Harmony an asset
If you are highly creative and motivated, this is a great opportunity for you to collaborate with a group of elite artists that work on high profile productions with global visibility. If you are an exceptional artist who shares a passion for creating beautiful designs and has the ability to supervise a team of painters, we invite you to introduce yourself. Pay is based on experience level and skill-set. Please showcase your excellence by submitting your best portfolio along with your resume for full consideration.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference: BS-0713 on the front and in the subject line of all submissions.
All applicants must be willing to relocate to Ottawa.