Character FX TD
The Little Prince is looking for Character FX TDs to join its team in Montreal.
The Little Prince, based on the beloved book by Antoine de Saint-‐Exupéry, is an Animated Feature Film directed by Mark Osborne (Kung Fu Panda) with Production Design by Lou Romano (The Incredibles) and Character Design by Peter De Sève (Ice Age). It is being produced by Onyx Films and animated at Mikros Image Canada in Montreal.
The Senior Character FX TD, under the supervision of Character Supervisor, is responsible for creating Cloth, Hair and other Character FXs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- -‐ Create Cloth, Hair and other simulations.
- -‐ Ensure artistic consistency within the given Art Direction.
- -‐ Work with modelers and riggers.
- -‐ Troubleshoot and problem solve.
- -‐ Complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- -‐ Understand Studio Pipelines, specifically Character FX pipelines.
- -‐ Communicate with other departments.
- -‐ Ensure integration of assets in to the pipeline.
- -‐ Possess an excellent working knowledge of Maya, MEL, Python
- -‐ Have experience with ncloth, Syflex, Marvelous Designer, Qualoth, or similar
- -‐ Is Detail-‐Oriented.
- -‐ Able to work in a team environment.
- -‐ Able to Communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- -‐ Able to multi-‐task and prioritize.
- -‐ Able to meet deadlines and follow directions.
- -‐ Strong artistic skills.
- -‐ 2+ years production experience in Character FXs on feature films, television
Canadian Resident Preferred.
To apply please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org stating position you are applying for in the subject or visit http://www.mikrosimage.eu/CA/english/category/careers/
Note: The Little Prince will be hiring across all positions, at all levels of experience. If you are interested in working on the production and we haven’t advertised for positions in your area of expertise, send us your resume.