The Little Prince is looking for a Lead Animator to join its team in Montreal.
The Little Prince, based on the beloved book by Antoine de Saint-‐Exupéry, is an Animated Feature Film directed by Mark Osborne (Kung Fu Panda) with Production Design by Lou Romano (The Incredibles) and Character Design by Peter De Sève (Ice Age). It is being produced by Onyx Films and animated at Mikros Image Canada in Montreal.
The Senior/Lead Animator, under the supervision of the Animation Supervisor, is responsible for creating the performance of the characters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
-‐ Create lip-‐sync, facial, and body character animation.
-‐ Provide leadership and direction to the animation team. -‐ Troubleshoot and problem solve.
-‐ Complete tasks with minimal supervision.
-‐ Understand Studio Pipelines.
-‐ Communicate with other departments.
- -‐ Strong demonstration of animation principles, timing, and acting choices.
- -‐ Ability to create broad and subtle styles of animation.
- -‐ Possess an excellent working knowledge of Maya.
- -‐ Able to work in a team environment.
- -‐ Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- -‐ Able to multi-‐task and prioritize.
- -‐ Able to meet deadlines and follow directions.
- -‐ Strong artistic skills.
- -‐ 5+ years production experience as an animator on theatrical feature films.
Canadian Resident Preferred.
To apply please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position you are applying for in the subject or visit http://www.mikrosimage.eu/CA/english/category/careers/
Note: The Little Prince will be hiring across all positions, at all levels of experience. If you are interested in working on the production and we haven’t advertised for positions in your area of expertise, send us your resume.
I am not sure if you need Production staff for your upcoming project(s) but I have extensive 3-D animation experience, having worked on Chicken Run (as assistant Production Manager), Corpse Bride (as 1st AD), Max le Film (as Production Supervisor) and Coraline (as Production Manager). I also have extensive live-action experience. Please let me know if you think I may suitable for your project and I will ship you a full resume.
Please apply directly via the link provided in the post.