Senior Rigger – Cloth and Character FX
The Little Prince is looking for a Senior Rigger – Cloth and Character FX to join its team in Montreal. The Little Prince, based on the beloved book by Antoine de Saint-‐Exupéry, is an Animated Feature Film directed by Mark Osborne (Kung Fu Panda) with Production Design by Lou Romano (The Incredibles) and Character Design by Peter De Sève (Ice Age). It is being produced by Onyx Films and animated at Mikros Image Canada in Montreal. The Senior Rigger, under the supervision of the Character Supervisor, is responsible for creating and implementing rigging systems, primarily systems that relate to Cloth, Hair and Character FX. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement Rigging systems, tools, scripts, etc.
- Provide technical expertise for cloth and Character FX related rigging issues.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Understand Studio Pipelines.
- Communicate with other departments.
- Ensure integration of assets in to the pipeline.
- Possess an excellent working knowledge of Maya and cloth related mode software (such as ncloth, Syflex, Marvelous, Qualoth, etc).
- Have strong scripting skills in Mel and Python.
- Have strong technical background in Rigging, specifically cloth.
- Is Detail-‐Oriented.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- Able to multi-‐task and prioritize.
- Able to meet deadlines and follow directions.
- Strong artistic skills.
- 5+ years production experience on theatrical feature films.
- Start: mid-‐August
Canadian Resident Preferred. To apply please send a resume to email@example.com or visit http://www.mikrosimage.eu/CA/english/category/careers/