The Little Prince is looking for a Senior Rigger to join its team in Montreal.
The Little Prince, based on the beloved book by Antoine de Saint-‐Exupéry, is an Animated Feature Film directed by Mark Osborne (Kung Fu Panda) with Production Design by Lou Romano (The Incredibles) and Character Design by Peter De Sève (Ice Age). It is being produced by Onyx Films and animated at Mikros Image Canada in Montreal.
The Senior Rigger, under the supervision of the Character Supervisor, is responsible for creating and implementing rigging systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
-‐ Create and implement Rigging systems, tools, scripts, etc.
-‐ Provide technical expertise on rigging issues.
-‐ Work with modeling department to ensure that models are suitable for rigging. -‐ Work with Animation Supervisor to ensure rigs are intuitive and responsive for each character.
-‐ Troubleshoot and problem solve.
-‐ Complete tasks with minimal supervision.
-‐ Understand Studio Pipelines.
-‐ Communicate with other departments.
-‐ Ensure integration of assets in to the pipeline.
- -‐ Possess an excellent working knowledge of Maya
- -‐ Have strong scripting skills in Mel and Python.
- -‐ Have strong technical background in Rigging.
- -‐ Is Detail-‐Oriented.
- -‐ Able to work in a team environment.
- -‐ Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- -‐ Able to multi-‐task and prioritize.
- -‐ Able to meet deadlines and follow directions.
- -‐ Strong artistic skills.
- -‐ 5+ years production experience on theatrical feature films.
Canadian Resident Preferred.
To apply please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position you are applying for in the subject or visit http://www.mikrosimage.eu/CA/english/category/careers/
Note: The Little Prince will be hiring across all positions, at all levels of experience. If you are interested in working on the production and we haven’t advertised for positions in your area of expertise, send us your resume.