Guru Studio’s dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character driven stories to screens around the world.
Our award winning and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company is looking for a Compositing Artist who is responsible for generating clean and efficient comp structures. This role reports directly to the Line Producer.
· Generate clean, efficient and logical comp structures that are easy to understand and adjust
· Generate macros / gizmos to automate repetitive tasks, and improve creative workflow.
· Ability to interpret the art director’s creative choices and understand the nuances of the shows intended look.
· Strong understanding of working within a linear, 32bit float, color managed workflow.
· Ability to generate simple particle systems that integrate seamlessly within the intended style of the show.
· Production experience using node based compositing systems such as Fusion or Nuke
· Ability to think outside of the box to create creative solutions to technical problems
· Strong and confident communication skills. Engages other teammates positively, and is not afraid to provide useful information to fellow coworkers.
· Experience working on television series is an asset.
· Strong artistic skills is an asset
Posting Date: Oct.16th / 2013
Closing Date: Nov.1st / 2013
Location: 110 Spadina Ave / Downtown Toronto
Please email resumes and links to blogs, portfolios or reels (Vimeo preferred) to: email@example.com with COMPOSITING ARTIST in the subject line.
Ontario and/or Canadian Citizenship Required. Guru is an equal opportunity employer
Thank you for your interest in Guru Animation Studio. Hope to hear from you soon.