Guru Studio’s dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character driven stories to screens around the world.
Our award winning and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company is looking for a Lighting Artist who is responsible for using existing light rigs to generate shots weekly. This role reports directly to the Line Producer.
- Use existing light rigs to generate a large volume of shots in a week
- Proficient in shot based lighting using VRay or Mental Ray
- Occasionally light a set from scratch using clean and efficient light setups
- Occasionally work with the technical staff to solve rendering / lighting scene issues
- Communicate directly with the Art Director and Creative Supervisor to make sure set lighting meets the intended look of the show
- Strong understanding of what is capable in compositing to reach the intended look
- Knowledge of shaders, and their impact on render times
- A solid portfolio highlighting composition and artistic skills
- A strong portfolio that shows the ability to generate well lit and balanced imagery
- Compositing experience is a major asset
Posting Date: Oct.16th 2013
Closing Date: Nov 1st 2013
Location: 110 Spadina Ave / Downtown Toronto
Please email resumes and links to blogs, portfolios or reels (Vimeo preferred) to: email@example.com with CG LIGHTING ARTIST in the subject line.
Ontario and/or Canadian Citizenship Required. Guru is an equal opportunity employer
Thank you for your interest in Guru Animation Studio. Hope to hear from you soon.