9 Story Entertainment is looking for a Development Executive to join us in our Toronto office.
You’ll apply for this position if you have experience in creative development with emphasis on kids and animation. Credited writing or story editing experience and knowledge of the current kids TV broadcasting landscape are a plus.
Reporting to the Vice President, Development, you will be responsible for spearheading the animation development slate and your objective will be to work with the development team to build and nurture a quality roster of kids and family programming.
Some of your tasks will include:
• Liaising with creative talent, either directly or through agents, in order to option concepts
• Seek out and nurture new talent sources
• Work with scriptwriters and offer notes on all creative material
• Work with character designers and guide the design process
• Work with development team to produce sizzle reels
• In-house writing that includes punching up scripts and all development materials
• Reviewing concept pitches from writers and creators
What you bring to 9 Story:
• Minimum of 2-3 years of proven development and/or writing experience in the television or film industry
• You have excellent creative instincts and writing skills
• You have the ability to offer creative solutions and take initiative
• You have the ability to deal with varied directives and priorities, while working both independently and as part of a team
• You live, eat and breathe cartoons!
If you think you have the qualifications for this position, please email your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com by no later than Monday November 11th, 2013.
We thank all interested applicants, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please