Type: Permanent full-time employee
Salary: Salary based on experience plus Medical/Dental benefits and RRSP plan available
Positions available: 1
Start Date: Immediately
Company Info: Mercury Filmworks is one of Canada’s most prolific independent studios and internationally recognized as a leader in the animation industry for its benchmarks in quality, reliability, and innovation. Mercury has helped bring to life many of the most memorable modern animated television and film properties including Jake & the Never Land Pirates, Fish Hooks, Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil, Stella & Sam, Jimmy Two Shoes, Toot & Puddle, Ruby Gloom, Grossology, Gerald McBoing Boing, Curious George: The Movie, The PowerPuff Girls Movie, Fat Albert, and Looney Tunes: Back In Action. Mercury is proud to be associated with partners such as Disney, Warner Bros., Universal, American Greetings, Entertainment One, Technicolor, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, CBC, Teletoon, YTV, Family Channel, and Treehouse. www.mercuryfilmworks.com
Job Description: We are currently seeking an experienced Production Manager for our exciting high profile production team.
This position is an excellent opportunity for a highly organized and motivated person to excel in the animation production industry. The production manager is responsible for all aspects of the in house production team including staff hiring and scheduling, setting production quotas, and managing the production schedule and budget to ensure the production is delivered to the client on time and on budget. This position is the highest ranking person on the production team and reports directly to the VP of Production.
- Consulting on the creation of the master production schedule and budget
- Accountable for all aspects of the assigned production’s methodology, its’ performance and ongoing refinement.
- Creating & distributing weekly production reports to studio management and clients
- Supervise and delegate responsibilities to the assigned production’s team of Coordinators and Assistants
- Tracking each productions payroll
- Manage artists quotas/deadlines
- Manage approvals and deliveries to clients and broadcasters
- Supervising and motivating the production team
- Minimum of 3-5 years of television or feature film animation production experience as a Production Manager
- Working knowledge of the 2D Animation pipeline
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and other graphics applications
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word, and other Microsoft Office applications
- Must have dynamic troubleshooting skills and the ability to lead a team and work calmly under pressure to resolve production and staff related issues
- Must have strong leadership skills, and an ability to build team morale under challenging circumstances
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills – strong client facing ability
- Working knowledge of Toon Boom Harmony is a strong asset
- 3D animation knowledge is an asset
If you consider yourself a dynamic, stress resistant professional who thrives on multi-tasking in a teamwork environment, this position offers an excellent opportunity to work on high profile productions that are seen worldwide!
Keywords: Production Manager, Production, Animation, TV
How to Apply: Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference: PM-1013 on the front and in the subject line of all submissions.
All applicants must reside in Canada.