Guru Studio’s dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character driven stories to screens around the world. As our studio continues to grow, we are looking for a versatile editor to work in our editorial department. The Leica and Production Editor will work through the entire editorial process with our Senior Editor and post team on the multiple series we are currently producing, as well as meeting the ongoing needs of the studio.
This role reports to the Senior Editor and VP of Production.
– preliminary assembly and timing of leicas for various series
– attend screenings with directors and story team
– work with assistant director and senior editor through revision process
– field edit needs of production on an ongoing basis
– pilot screenings for various departments and implement resulting editorial changes
– assist with the management, tracking and updating of pickups
– responsible for various deliveries of screeners, edit material, final outputs, OMFs, etc.
– facilitate communication between other departments and external service providers (audio, picture post, etc) on edit needs and deliveries
Creatively minded and technically adept
Understanding of Leica and animated production workflow
Proficient in Final Cut Pro and related software (Compressor, DVDSP, etc)
Strong organizational skills, ability to juggle multiple tasks
Strong communication and timeline management skills
Able to take direction and implement
Able to work independently
Knowledge of Photoshop / After Effects is ideal
Location: 110 Spadina Ave Suite 500, Toronto
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Please email resumes and links to blogs, portfolios or reels (Vimeo preferred) to: email@example.com with LEICA AND PRODUCTION EDITOR in the subject line.
Ontario and/or Canadian Citizenship Required. Guru is an equal opportunity employer.