The Dog Who Stopped the War 3D (“La Guerre des Tuques 3D”), a CarpeDiem Film & TV production is staffing up! 3pod is looking for talented artists to be part of this 3D animation adaptation of the original movie.
We are now looking for a Rigging Artist to be part of a team to create expressive, flexible and efficient rigs that allow animators to breathe life into the characters and props. In close collaboration with the Rigging Lead, and under their supervision, the Rigging Artist will work with the modeling and animation team to create accurate and efficient rigs for a long-form animation production.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE TO:
· Create esthetic deformations and meet the character’s design requirements;
· Set-up characters and props with skeletons and deformers;
· Troubleshoot and evaluate character-rigging issues for artists within various disciplines;
· Model targets for shape animation and create interfaces and tools for assisting animation;
· Address required revisions and modify shots as requested;
· Meet deadlines within established standards while maintaining a consistent level of productivity;
· Anticipate, communicates, and troubleshoots any creative or technical issues with assistance from key stakeholders;
· Maintain a convention of naming structures and animation control structures for all rigs and ensure that Maya files are clean and optimized;
· All other related task, as required by the Rigging Lead.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum of 1 to 2 years experience in rigging for long form animation productions;
· Strong proficiency with a major animation package, preferably Autodesk Maya;
· MEL scripting experience or other programming skills is a plus;
· Understanding of character anatomy (including facial expressions), and an artistic understanding of motion and behaviour;
· Comfortable with skeletons and all kinds of deformers including soft bodies and cloth;
· Experience in modeling and an understanding of the principles of animation;
· Detail oriented and organized, the candidate holds a solid work ethic;
· Excellent problem solving skills;
· Ability to perform within standards under tight deadlines;
· Strong communication skills.
Please apply through our website: http://lgdt3d.3podjobs.com/
Thank you for your interest, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Be First to Comment