The Dog Who Stopped the War 3D (“La Guerre des Tuques 3D”), a CarpeDiem Film & TV production, is staffing up! 3pod is looking for talented artists to be part of this 3D animation adaptation of the original movie.
We are now looking for a Rigging Lead to lead a team to create expressive, flexible and efficient rigs that allow animators to breath life into the characters and props.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE TO:
· Lead and supervise the rigging team day-to-day;
· Work with the modellers and animators to create esthetic deformations that meet the character’s design requirements;
· Troubleshoot and evaluate character-rigging issues for artists within various disciplines;
· Set-up characters and props with skeletons and deformers.
· Model targets for shape animation and create interfaces and tools for assisting animation.
· Maintain a convention of naming structures and animation control structures for all rigs and ensure that Maya files are clean and optimized;
· Present material and outline relevant details to the Art Director and other relevant parties;
· Meet deadlines, the Rigging Lead will manage communication regularly and efficiently between the other department Leads;
· Address required revisions and modify shots as requested;
· Anticipate, communicates, and troubleshoots any creative or technical issues with assistance from key stakeholders;
· Provide support to junior team members by assisting with technical difficulties;
· Review and approve Rigging: this role requires ownership of the Quality Assurance of the department.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum of 5 years experience in rigging for long form animation productions;
· Strong proficiency with a major animation package, preferably Autodesk Maya.
· MEL scripting experience or other programming skills is a plus;
· Understanding of character anatomy (including facial expressions), and an artistic understanding of motion and behaviour.
· Comfortable with skeletons and all kinds of deformers including soft bodies and cloth.
· Experience in modeling and an understanding of the principles of animation;
· Recognised leadership skills at a lead level on previous long format animation productions;
· Detail oriented and organized, the candidate holds a solid work ethic;
· Excellent problem solving skills;
· Ability to perform within standards under tight deadlines;
· Strong communication skills.
Thank you for your interest, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please apply through our website: http://lgdt3d.3podjobs.com/