Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning independent full-service animation studio located in Vancouver’s busy Animation District. Since its inception over 14 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created, produced and financed numerous animation productions for television series, commercials and music videos. Our crew is made up of 250 of Canada’s most creative animators, directors, producers and writers, and with multiple high profile projects underway this is a great opportunity to join our team!
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly organized and motivated ANIMATION EDITOR who enjoys being part of an exciting and fast paced animation studio.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
– Maintain sequence(s) edit and inserting animated scenes into the editing timeline
– Ensure the production database (using Shotgun) is updated with current progress
– Ensure that scenes cut into the sequence are correct in terms of version
– Preparing sequence edits for client approval when required
– Organize and run the dailies session
– Aiding in any pipeline/development issues that surround outsource
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
– At least 2+ years experience working in an Editorial Department
– Demonstrate proficiency in editing using Final Cut Pro
– A firm understanding of the animation process, workflow, and terminology
– Possess an understanding of film and HD video formats, files, frame rates, and resolutions
– File encoding/transcoding experience, exhibiting a sound understanding of video codecs and file formats
– Have basic Photoshop skills
– Compressor experience an asset
Contract: Full Time
Benefits: After 6 months of employment
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter. Please apply online with your Resume, Cover Letter, Portfolio/Demo Reel and/or Website URL. If applying for more than one position, please include all job titles and submit only once.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.