The Dog Who Stopped the War 3D (“La Guerre des Tuques 3D”), a CarpeDiem Film & TV production, distributed by Seville/eOne is staffing up! 3pod is looking for talented artists to be part of this stereo animation adaptation of the original movie.
We are now looking for a Layout Lead responsible for supervising and managing the day-to-day operations of the Layout department. This will involve working very closely with the Animation Director.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE TO:
- Lead and supervise the layout team day-to-day;
- Stage shots and plot the action that will take place within each scene, ensuring flow within and between shots and sequences;
- Block in the position of characters and major shots within assigned scenes, using storyboards as reference;
- Adapt and change rough timing of shots as necessary;
- Maintain a convention of file naming structure for all shots compatible within the production pipeline;
- Present material and outline relevant details to the Animation Director and other relevant parties;
- Meet deadlines, the Layout Lead will manage communication regularly and efficiently between the other department Leads;
- Address required revisions and modify shots as requested;
- Anticipate, communicates, and troubleshoots any creative or technical issues with assistance from key stakeholders;
- Provide support to junior team members by assisting with technical difficulties;
- Review and approve layout: this role requires ownership of the Quality Assurance of the department.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in layout for a long form animation productions;
- Strong proficiency with major modeling/animation software, such as Autodesk Maya;
- Experience on a stereoscopic production;
- General knowledge of MEL scripting or Python an asset;
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere or other video editing software;
- Basic lighting skills an asset;
- Recognised leadership skills at a lead level on previous long format animation productions;
- Detail oriented and organized, the candidate holds a solid work ethic;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Ability to perform within standards under tight deadlines;
- Strong communication skills.
Please apply through our website: http://lgdt3d.3podjobs.com/
Thank you for your interest, only qualified candidates will be contacted.