Positions available: 5+
Start Date: Immediately
Company Info: Mercury Filmworks is one of Canada’s most prolific independent studios and internationally recognized as a leader in the animation industry for its benchmarks in quality, reliability, and innovation. Mercury has helped bring to life many of the most memorable modern animated television and film properties including Jake & the Never Land Pirates, Fish Hooks, Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil, Stella & Sam, Jimmy Two Shoes, Toot & Puddle, Ruby Gloom, Grossology, Gerald McBoing Boing, Curious George: The Movie, The PowerPuff Girls Movie, Fat Albert, and Looney Tunes: Back In Action. Mercury is proud to be associated with partners such as Disney, Warner Bros., Universal, American Greetings, Entertainment One, Technicolor, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, CBC, Teletoon, YTV, Family Channel, and Treehouse. www.mercuryfilmworks.com
Job Description: We are currently seeking talented 2D Digital Animators at all levels for an exciting high profile production with worldwide exposure.
This position is an excellent opportunity for highly skilled and motivated animators who are willing to push the envelope of what is possible in order to create beautiful memorable animation. Pay is variable and based entirely on productivity and quality. High performance individuals will have an opportunity to make director-level compensation. Our team works on the highest profile and most demanding 2D animated series being produced. If you’re an exceptional animator, you should be working with an exceptional team.
· Minimum 2 years of experience is required.
· Working experience with Toon Boom Harmony software is considered a strong asset.
· Working knowledge of Toon Boom Harmony is essential.
· Must have a strong sense of animation timing, posing, weight and storytelling.
· Able to work and communicate effectively in a collaborative, fast paced environment.
· Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Must be flexible and willing to learn.
· Will consider candidates with 3D background that have a strong sense of the animation basics.
Demo Reel Requirements:
· Multiple walk cycles – animal and person
· Weight distribution (example – lifting a box)
· Strong posing
· Strong examples of animation fundamentals.
· Style – snappy and traditional (examples: Kick Buttowski – snappy; Jake & the Never land Pirates – traditional)
Mercury Filmworks will provide training to those who pass our proficiency test.
How to Apply: Please send your resume and link to your demo reel to: email@example.com and reference: 2DDA-0214 on the front and in the subject line of all submissions.
All applicants must reside in Canada and be willing to relocate to Ottawa, Ontario.
53 Auriga Drive
Ottawa, Ontario K2E 8C3